Share | 

PC Problems, help plz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ketchup
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: PC Problems, help plz   Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm

So, my main PC like died after i printed something for school. It was like at first i printed the stuff then i shut down the PC and when i wanted to turn the pc on again the whole system got fked and it did not load at all... (It Could not boot) Im guessing a hard drive crash.

But then again, the PC of my father got a black screen after i typed in bitlo, in the windows 8 search bar!?

I mean wtf... If anyone has any suggestions. And btw since we have 3 different routers for Wi-Fi i think that the risk for virus is diminished... And we got perfectly working anitvirus software installed too.

If anyone has any ideas, write it here please, i would be glad to see what you recommend

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Thu May 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Smack it a few times.

"Still ticking, huh?"
"Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies."

"Ha ha. Yeah, you sneaky fookin' prawnz, heh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXln21X3cU - Hell has a vacancy now.

Back to top Go down
x Legion

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Just wondering, why does the amount of routers effect your chances of getting a virus? If you download a virus or click a dodgy link, you're getting it no matter the amount. As for your anti virus software that you say works perfectly. There are always new viruses being released (yes most are built on already made viruses and are easier to pick up, but there are still people who code their own from scratch to get past todays AV software). So don't think for a second that because you have AV software that you're completely protected.

That's why I posted some other malware removal programs on another topic, check them out some time if you think you could have a virus.

As for your computer shutting down, maybe a power surge and your PSU is now unreliable? Try swapping it out with another one and see if it still occurs. As it shuts down your whole PC, I can't imagine it being much else to do with the hardware. Corrupt memory give you a blue screen and if your CPU was messed up, you'd notice a serious drop in performance.

You know you want my 'D'
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 2:12 am

From what everyone has told me windows eight is bad. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Stormyeh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 2:16 am

Ketchup I expect it could be the power supply. I had the same thing before, the PC wouldn't turn on right away unless you gave it about a 2 hour break. This was solved after buying a new power supply. My problem for why I can't play with you guys: I have the darn blue screen, is it the hard drive or the memory sticks that are corrupt? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Stormyeh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 am

Superman wrote:

It's just what people prefer, although I also think it's pretty horrible. Windows 7 is just much more simple.
Back to top Go down
x Legion

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am

Superman wrote:

In my opinion it's not really bad, but they made a terrible decision when they chose to release an update that completely took away the start menu. Not sure if they've put it back or not, but there were a lot of complaints and people started releasing their own replacement start menus to download. (Some looked quite nice).

Could even be your Video memory that's corrupt Stormy, but you can't know unless you swap them out 1 by 1. Try taking a stick of RAM out and see if it still does it, then swap the sticks over. If it still does it, you would have to start thinking about paying for replacements, but if it's just 1 stick of RAM, it's not so major. (Unless you only have 1 stick in there...)

You know you want my 'D'
Back to top Go down
Ketchup
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 am

Well, i called my PC company and they said the the fan probably broke >.>

Pretty shitty quality if you ask me, i bought this fkin PC 4 months ago..

Oh well, ty for the suggestions!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 11:23 am

=Undertaker= wrote:
Smack it a few times.

That have helped me many times. Fucking power supply...
Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Superman wrote:

People who say that have probably never even used it. I mean really used it. The new shortcuts and software reliability improvements are really quite something. W8 is noticably lighter than W7.

As for what Ryan was saying about the start menu: why do you even need it anymore? Unified search was implemented into Windows 8. That means that you can search for files, applications, music, text, pretty much anything with just Windows Search. I don't see a reason why you should have to do that manually by checking the folders. Of course it should be possible, as you might know the correct directory but not the file name. But that still works in Windows 8. You still have search and foldered directory. The only thing that they failed with Windows 8 is the Windows Store. There are not that many great applications for the OS (yet).

It's different from the previous operating systems, but it definitely isn't any worse. Not that they couldn't improve it.

If you want to test Windows 8 out, I suggest you go to a local electronics dealer and ask if they can show you some proper Windows 8 tablets or note-/ultrabooks. Those are quite neat.

Sorry for off-topic.

Back to topic:

Ketchup, you probably don't have a virus on your computer. Breaking your computer is not someting a virus usually does. Modern virus' are often spy malware. The ones that do break computers are often made by governments for a purpose and I don't think anyone would target your computer with such a virus.
It sounds like a hardware issue: your CPU, GPU or case fan may have been broken. That stuff often happens if you don't open the case and remove the dust occasionally. It could also be the PSU, as that would explain the computer not turning on at all. However I doubt that anything has happened to the hard drive: even if it breaks your computer should be able to turn on. You just won't be able to boot into Windows with it.

Take it to the experts, they will find out what's wrong with it. I hope for your sake that the warranty hasn't expired.

EDIT: More off-topic:

xLegion wrote:
Why would they want to develop viruses to break computers when they want the information off of it?

jUZE pretty much covered it. Virus' that end up breaking computers are a rare sight, as that often isn't at all useful for the hacker either. I doubt that anyone would want to target a computer used for gaming with such things.

If what you want is information (as it often times is), you don't want the computer to break.

Last edited by datis on Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x Legion

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm

I'd think that the governments would develop spyware more than anyone else... xD Flame and Guass? Developed by the government. Why would they want to develop viruses to break computers when they want the information off of it?

On topic: Ketchup, are you saying then that it's just your CPU overheating?

You know you want my 'D'
Back to top Go down
jUZE

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

x Legion wrote:
I'd think that the governments would develop spyware more than anyone else... xD Flame and Guass? Developed by the government. Why would they want to develop viruses to break computers when they want the information off of it?

On topic: Ketchup, are you saying then that it's just your CPU overheating?

Not completely relevant but governments do make viruses in order to shut down pc systems used for ie. nuclear plants etc. Everything nowadays uses computer chips in order to function, or atleast the advanced weapon systems do. Crippling those with a virus could be very beneficial in a war.

Imagine China would hack into Wall Street and shut it down with a virus, that is basicly the US Economy not being able to function properly. Governments have viruses that can do such things Wink

OT: Not a complete computer geek so can't really help you out Ketchup. Pretty sure it has 0 to do with you printing something. Could be indeed overheating of the CPU but since your pc just wont start, the fan might be indeed broken so for a safety measure your pc just won't start in order to protect the other parts.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
x Legion

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Fri May 24, 2013 4:45 pm

True, they do have that safety measure. But if it was picking up that his fan was broken and blocking him from booting, he would get an error message on start up saying his CPU fan was broken. Which is why I don't think whoever he called is right.

You know you want my 'D'
Back to top Go down
Ketchup
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Sun May 26, 2013 3:58 pm

x Legion wrote:
True, they do have that safety measure. But if it was picking up that his fan was broken and blocking him from booting, he would get an error message on start up saying his CPU fan was broken. Which is why I don't think whoever he called is right.

Well the thing is that, im able to start up the PC, I'm just not able to acces Windows (log in screen) because around midway through the bootin i get a weird screen that says, we've encountered a problem and then then i come to the troubleshoot window..

Oh well, a dude is coming over tomorrow to fix the PC. Atleast one good thing came out of this, the dde who is coming over to fix the PC is also going to change the GPU which is quite nice, like an extra.
The Grapichs card switch is from NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
To NVIDIA GeFore GT 660

Hoping to see much better Fps now ^^

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   Sun May 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Well that sounds like a boot sector virus tbh...

You know you want my 'D'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC Problems, help plz   

Back to top Go down

PC Problems, help plz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1