56%
 56% [ 5 ]
9 Teams, See Xana's explanation
44%
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:25 am

Thank you myth for rewording everybody's post. Everybody /clap for the CUMmunity leader
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 am

Had missed this part in an earlier post...

Meth420 wrote:
We could ofcourse also make a 9th team, but I think it would make the tournament form a bit difficult.

We could form 3 groups of 3 teams so that in each group all the teams play against each other either once or twice. After round robin the winners of the group and the best second team (the one with most points or maps won/lost or rounds won/lost) will go on to semi-finals so that the best group winner (again, most points or maps won/lost or rounds won/lost) will play against the best second and the other two against each other, winners go to finals, losers to bronze game.

The points would be calculated as follows: victory - 3 points, tie breaker victory - 2 points, tie breaker defeat - 1 point, defeat - 0 points.

In case of tied points, should the teams be in the same group, the higher rank will be determined the result of the match where they played against each other. If not (or if all 3 teams of a group are tied) the rank will be determined by the number of maps won, should it be still a tie the number of maps lost comes along (less is better). Should it still be a tie, most rounds won and least lost would be taken into consideration. And if after all this shit the teams are still in a tie, we will flip a coin.

With 9 teams we could team Fubar with Skrelox and Jokes with Legion and the teams would be rather fair.

Alternatively we could play round robin first, then form 2 groups of 3 by eliminating the last teams of the groups -and then best two teams would go on to semis so that winners of the groups would play against the second team of the other group. Should this be the case the points (as well as maps and rounds won/lost) each have scored against the eliminated teams would be deducted from their statistics.

We would have to settle on how to form the two groups, however. Whether it would be so that the two teams with highest ranks would pick teams in their group taking turns or that we just put the ranks 4 and 6 (highest and lowest seconds) with the highest group winner and the rest in the other group.

In both these scenarios, every team would get to play at least 2 matches (or 4, if we play 2 rounds in round robin) and with the latter most teams 3-4 (or 5-6, again with 2 rounds of round robin)

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
Jokes

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Myth34 wrote:

Edit: I put Jokes in the 8th team with Fubar, but this might not be fairly balanced then. I didn't immediatly see a way of balancing the teams out without reforming them again completely. Would it be ok for you guys to leave team 8 as Fubar and Jokes? After all we play mainly for fun here.

Greetz, 
Myth34
I have no problem with that,go on :p

Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:00 am

As we are going to play this cup, I'd like to appoint some rules.

The match will be played on: promod_mode 2v2_match_mr10
Both teams can choose a map and the opposing team can choose the side on each others map.

The matches will be played on the normal promod maps.
- mp_backlot
- mp_crash
- mp_crossfire
- mp_citystreets (district)
- mp_strike

Illegal Scripts and Binds are not allowed!
Scripts & config tweaking that affects game play including but not limited to nade scripts, wait commands, macros and so forth, including configs that change commands/rates are disallowed. These commands range from set nade binds to gain the longest throw to scripting a superior firing rate of semi-automatic weapons. This also includes multi-command binds such as bind KEY "toggleads; +attack" on the scroll wheel.

Bugs and Glitches
- It is NOT permitted for any user to take advantage of map bugs (for example elevators, outside the boundaries of the map, under the map and so forth) or glitches during a match. 
- Glitching is defined as moving or seeing through or over a physical object and is NOT permitted.
- Grenade jumps and anything similar are NOT permitted.
- The use of silent drops is permitted but only in the case of known silent drops.
- Players are only allowed to bounce to places which can be reached without the use of a bounce. Bouncing to roofs and balconies which are unreachable in a normal way is prohibited.
- Straight forward jumps and those that do not involve any part of the in-game character moving through a physical object, are allowed.
- Boosting is only allowed to boost players to spots where a player can get to by themselves. 
- Boosting by shooting own players is not allowed. For every round this occurs, the round will be defaulted to the opposing team. If this occurs more than 3 times during the match it will be defaulted to the opposing team.

I think these rules are pretty legit although if you feel like it's completely unfair, feel free to discuss them. More rules will be added if necessary.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:04 pm

It would be funny if each team have a specific team name! I think we don't have to wear the DVAS tags in those little matches since we only play together with only DVAS members on our server Smile So could we do this, it is just a little bit funny Smile And i hope we can do this and have some really really cool and original teamnames!!

no
Back to top Go down
Myth34
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Exact wrote:
It would be funny if each team have a specific team name! I think we don't have to wear the DVAS tags in those little matches since we only play together with only DVAS members on our server Smile So could we do this, it is just a little bit funny Smile And i hope we can do this and have some really really cool and original teamnames!!
Sure, sounds like a plan. But no personal vendetta's: Don't use ur teamname to make fun of a specific person. (Self protection here ^^)

Also: NEW POLL added, to decide wether we play with 8 or 9 teams.

Making mistakes is easy, admitting them is hard. But learning from them, that's the real challenge!
Back to top Go down
Sergey
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:02 pm

exact and me claimed the teamname: Kip carry (kerrie)

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:30 pm

i'd like a mix between xana's and heat's idea.
so we could stay at 8 Teams (Team 9 as backup which is pretty important imo) and make like 2 Groups with 4 Teams. 1 match against each Team in the Group. After that we could Play like 4th in the Group vs the other 4th (match for 7th and 8th) then 3rd vs 3rd (match for 5th and 6th) and the semi finals (1st Group A vs 2nd Group B and 2nd Group A vs 1st Group B) then the loosers of the semi finals will Play the bronze match and the winners the final.

the Advantage of this idea might be that u dont have just 1 match if you lose (like in heat's idea)

imo xana's idea is not bad but the thingy with the best second and stuff is probably a bit to complicated here..

it's just an idea. what do you guys think about it?

Greeting Ossacz.
Back to top Go down
Myth34
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Ossacz wrote:
i'd like a mix between xana's and heat's idea.
so we could stay at 8 Teams (Team 9 as backup which is pretty important imo) and make like 2 Groups with 4 Teams. 1 match against each Team in the Group. After that we could Play like 4th in the Group vs the other 4th (match for 7th and 8th) then 3rd vs 3rd (match for 5th and 6th) and the semi finals (1st Group A vs 2nd Group B and 2nd Group A vs 1st Group B) then the loosers of the semi finals will Play the bronze match and the winners the final.

the Advantage of this idea might be that u dont have just 1 match if you lose (like in heat's idea)

imo xana's idea is not bad but the thingy with the best second and stuff is probably a bit to complicated here..

it's just an idea. what do you guys think about it?

Greeting Ossacz.
Sorry for not clarifying that, but Heat's idea also includes rounds to determine the 5-8th places. It just didn't display on his picture. But in that model everybody will play 3 matches.

Making mistakes is easy, admitting them is hard. But learning from them, that's the real challenge!
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:33 pm

CRFU - Chubby Rainbow Farting Unicorns called. (Slide & I, in case some of you lows didn't get it)

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 pm

HUOpalahden RAketti (HUORA in short). Me and Mattyboy

mmmmmmm... chicken nuggets
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:08 am

Team Alcoholocaust (Tim drinks for two), Myth and I.

DVAS Tim/Prophet/Mew/Mumu/VVutVVut
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 am

Here is what I am thinking. This weekend (Saturday and Sunday for those of you who don't know what a weekend is :p,) at least one person from a team will need to check in. This means, you will need to be on xfire, and you will need to contact the team you are playing first. What you should be talking about is basically when both of the teams will be able to play. In fact, even if your whole team is online at that time, you guys can play then. It seems as if this is the first round: 
Team 1 vs Team 8
Team 2 vs Team 7
Team 3 vs Team 6
Team 4 vs Team 5

So please, have one person online on either Saturday or Sunday, dates being 1/31 and 2-1, to contact someone from the team you are playing and figure out when the match will be played. Let's try and have round one finished by Sunday, 2-8 (February 2nd). Any problems, please contact me as I can help you figure out when to play. 

So these are the teams:
Team 1: Sergey and Exact
Team 2:Heat and Ossa
Team 3: Hero and Baddy
Team 4: Tim and Myth34
Team 5: Xanatos and Slide
Team 6: Erwin and Ratchet
Team 7: Bob and Super
Team 8: Fubar and Jokes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Team:
IdontHack|Heat
IdontHack|Ossacz
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:39 pm

DONT FORGET TO CONTACT SOMEONE ABOUT THE TIME/DAY YOUR TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING
Back to top Go down
Ratchet

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

K & K 

Kanker and Kebab
Erwin and Me
Back to top Go down
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Ratchet wrote:
I'd play a 2vs2 as well...in League of Legends
Imagine you play LoL, but actually play cod4.

I'd love to join if its still possible.

If it aint possible. I'll just watch

Back to top Go down
Ratchet

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 pm

If this takes place, the winner of the tournament will win my CoD4 CD-key. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Myth34
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Ratchet wrote:
If this takes place, the winner of the tournament will win my CoD4 CD-key. Just saying...
I already have said CD-Key, so I guess Ratchet is certain of my victory Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty   

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3