HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Hello everybody,

As all of you know, a lot of shit has gone down during the last 3 or so weeks. I promised I'd give you my thoughts of all this and I just hope I remember to say all the stuff I've had in mind.

First of all, I'd like to wish you all a late merry Christmas and a happy new year, hope it has started the best possible way for all of you. I spent Christmas with my family at my parents' place after being a couple of days at my grandma's chopping wood. While I would've had a working internet connection in there, I just had so much catching up to do with my family (and my parents and sister's dogs), I just didn't have the time. After Christmas we proceeded going to our place in Lapland to celebrate the New Year's. There I would've perhaps had the time to comment on what was happening in here, but didn't have much of an internet connection... Well, 56 kbps, try to make that work with any modern webpage. I'll add some pictures from the trips on the bottom of this post.

Secondly, congratulations Myth, Sergey and Heat on your new titles! Make the rest of us proud.

Now, about what has been going on in here... I would have so much to say but I just can't be bothered to write it all down, it would take weeks. So, I will not say much instead. It's a shame Ryan and Slide left. Haven't talked with Ryan about his reasons (nor have I read his letter of resignation) so can't say much about that. As for Slide, I can't really blame her, based on what I've talked with her, it's a wonder she didn't left before Rocker.

About DVAS being a multi-game community... Well, right now it's not. It's a League of Legends clan. The community has 23 members over half of which play LoL almost exclusively, most of the rest could just as well be dead. In fact, the most I've heard of pretty much all of them in the past 3-4 months has been when they signed in to the somewhat reformed DVAS. To make this clan/community/whatever a comfortable place for players of different multiplayer games, you LoL players lot will need to make some sacrifices. Well, only one actually, cut down the time you spend playing LoL. Instead move to the public channels, have a chat with the rest of us or perhaps ask if we'd like to play something.

Most of you don't probably remember the time the clan was in a same kind of situation last time, probably because it was 3 or 4 years so most of you weren't even in the clan at the time. Back then we had about 7-8 somewhat active members, servers empty because the active people were mixing or playing on other promod servers (RaW, Netsky) 90% of the time and people leaving because of the inactivity on the servers... They just felt the clan was dying away. What we did was quite the same I asked you to do, we agreed to cut down on mixing and go play on our public servers instead. Suddenly our servers were half full pretty much all the time, we were having multiple new applicants every month and got some really active members who either got kicked out and joined Frag and later on DEA or are still here today. The following 2 years were the golden age of DVAS.

What about my role in the community then? I'm quite busy with my studies, coaching and exercising, so I won't have the time to take the public role of the clan leader, good luck with that Myth. Besides, I've liked staying in the shadows better. This way I can keep giving him advice, whether he likes it or not, and be excused of disappearing for a couple of weeks. Especially now that I gave him my phone number and actually accepted his friend request on facebook so that he can contact me if necessary.

I guess that was all the necessary, should you have any questions, just ask me. Now for the promised pictures:

This was taken at my grandma's one night at sunset.

These two are from the front yard of our place in Lapland.

And this one at Levi, taken at about 2 pm.

Sorry for the shitty quality they're all taken with a phone camera. Neutral

Cheers

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 pm

"You guys want to play cod4?"-Heat
"Sure"-Everybody
"Okay so how many people do we have for a mix?"-Heat
" Uhm i need to go, cya tomorrow"-Everybody
Lel
Back to top Go down
Myth34
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:02 am

So a quick word about DVAS being a LoL community almost exclusively now:

I know that a lot of members play LoL, and that not everyone appreciates that since there's starting to become a gap between the non-LoL players and the LoL players.
I really regret this happening, and I do have some idea's that might solve this. However since those idea's will probably lead to me playing more games than i already am while i should be studying, I'm gonna make a post about it at the end of the month. Sorry for being selfish here :s But the main idea is introducing some games that everyone can play anytime they want and thus getting everyone who wants together ro play again.

As a LoL player myself I do feel the need of defending myself/us a bit. As it is now we are often with more than 5 people in the LoL channel every evening. Though unlike the channel name suggests, we don't constantly play LoL. A lot of time is spent in between games while were just talking and having fun. Unfortunatly it would be a little bit of overkill for us to join the public channel each time that were not playing. That's why I highly suggest that either we as LoL players start hanging out in the public channel, both between 2 LoL games as while were playing, or the non-LoL players join us in the LoL channnel to hang out since we don't talk exclusively about LoL. The result stays the same: Get together even if you don't play the same game.

Secondly, I'd like to disagree with the LoL players just cutting down on playing LoL. After all we are a gaming community that gathers together to play games. Reducing our time playing seems a bit strange if you look at it like that then. However I do like the idea of playing more other games besides LoL and by doing so socializing with different members. More idea's about this will follow at the end of the month from my part like i said. But feel free to already suggest games to each other in the mean time.

Greetz,
Myth34

P.S. Xana made a spelling mistake!!! : 'it's a wonder she didn't left before Rocker' BUSTED!!
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 am

Myth34 wrote:

As a LoL player myself I do feel the need of defending myself/us a bit. As it is now we are often with more than 5 people in the LoL channel every evening. Though unlike the channel name suggests, we don't constantly play LoL. A lot of time is spent in between games while were just talking and having fun. 
Which is generally spent talking all about the game of league you just won/lost, or the game of league that you're going to win/lose. And the time between is also about 5-10 minutes. And regarding Slide leaving.. I don't see at all why that had to happen. Someone spends so much damn time into helping out a clan and making it better, and after certain people leave, that person leaves.. Bails out.. Sure, I had thought about leaving in the past. But then I came to my senses and figured, why would I do something that just ruins  all of the time and effort I put into DVAS? But whatever, too late. Also I hope you had a great time Xana. Nice pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
=Undertaker=

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm still here, though I am curious as to why Slide left.

Happy new year to you too Sam. Also, your pictures are shit.

I won't raise anyone's hopes here by saying I'm going to be super active. I ain't. But if you write to me, I will most certainly reply to you. You can catch me on social media platforms too.

Best of luck Myth.

"Still ticking, huh?"
"Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies."

"Ha ha. Yeah, you sneaky fookin' prawnz, heh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXln21X3cU - Hell has a vacancy now.

Back to top Go down
Baddy

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

I agree with you xana, When ever I come into TeamSpeak the whole league of legends channel is full, CS-GO with Sergey, Trani and his pals then there's me in the Cod 4 channel all on my own. Ohh whilst I am on the topic of TeamSpeak when we are mixing and in the mixing channel and someone joins playing a different game, Don't feel left out mate 99% of the chance after one map they all go and play League again. As Xana said "multi-game community.... Well do we need to have another community meeting with a little bit more maturity as only one thing has changed and that is from "Clan" to "community" I know this takes time but its seem all we are doing is focusing on getting Gold or Platinum in League and what we should is how to make it better the community because that's what I thought this whole Clan to Community thing was.

Sorry If this may have offended anyone but this was the perfect opportunity for me to express my feeling as maybe something should be done.

Baddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years   

Back to top Go down

Regarding the last couple of weeks - and the coming years
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1