We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Building a new pc this winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hullu

PostSubject: Building a new pc this winter   Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm

So as you can see by the name of topic, I'm going to build new pc at winter.
My budget would be near max 800euros, so as I know here's quite a few people who know alot about computers, so I'd ask from you all that which parts should I be putting in it?
I've already decided I'll put 8Gb of ram and atleast 1Tb of HDD, maybe a small SSD for my OS and a 550(?)W powersupply.

Everything else is still open so if you've got any suggestions, feel free to say.
Cheers, Hullu.  rendeer

Jokes

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:39 pm

Processor: either Intel i5 or i7, depends on your budget, atleast 3.4 GHz would be good.
Get a good GeForce nVIDIA card ofc,GTX 680 is nice from what i've heard.
And get a good motherboard, Gigabyte or Asus are pretty good.

Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:02 am

On a 800 euro budget both i5 and i7 would make the PC horribly out of balance, excluding perhaps 3rd gen i5s. For example i5-3570K seems to be around 200 euros nowadays. As for the graphics card, GTX 680 is a tad overpriced (at 300 euros). 670 would be a good choice, around 250 euros and pretty much the same performance as in 680. Although, if you can afford a 300-euro one, GTX 770 kicks 680's ass. For a 200-euro card, GTX 660 would probably be the best choice, or 760, both at 200 euros. You could get a GTX 750 for around 100 euros, which would fit your budget better though.

Should you choose i5-3570K, GTX 750, you could get the components in just a tad over 800 euros. This setup would have a underpowered GPU, though, and only case cooling (with a full tower ATX case, it wouldn't be a problem unless you wish to heavily overclock your CPU). All in all, I'd recommend you to get an i3 CPU, instead.

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
Hullu

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks for the tip Xana.
Anyone has anyidea about AMD products? I searched some internet yesterday and AMD's six core processors seem to be quite cheap. And I'm kind of interested of the radeon R7/9 GPU series. Atleast in the UK both seem to be cheap but didn't search shipping cost :/

Jokes

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:45 am

Hullu wrote:
Thanks for the tip Xana.
Anyone has anyidea about AMD products? I searched some internet yesterday and AMD's six core processors seem to be quite cheap. And I'm kind of interested of the radeon R7/9 GPU series. Atleast in the UK both seem to be cheap but didn't search shipping cost :/
AMD products aren't really made for gaming and they're cheap because they aren't really that great, on the other side, R9/R7 are more for making videos and editing, while GeForce cards are more for gaming and stuff like that, i personally recommend the intel stuff more, but it's your pc build, your choice

Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Nvidia GeForce Game Ready driver is quite good at optimising GPU usage while playing, hence enabling the graphics card to give its very best performance on every supported game which means pretty much every game they launch nowadays. I suppose AMD has something similar but don't know how well it works.

The AMD 4-, 6- and 8-core bulldozers can be overclocked to ridiculous clock speeds, but that's pretty much it. They've clocked a FX-8150 8-core processor to 8.8 GHz, btw. The technology intel has in their 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge - i3/5/7 3xxx) processors allows it to be much more powerful with less power intake and slower clock speed, even though they can be easily clocked to around 4 GHz.

Useful sites:
http://cpubenchmark.net/
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
Mostly the high end charts, obviously. When comparing specific processors or graphics cards, simply google "CPU/GPU 1 v CPU/GPU 2" there are quite a lot of benchmark comparisons which also review the subjects' price/quality ratio.

If looking for the components abroad, I'd recommend visiting some German sites, their prices are generally lower than UK.

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
eXeP

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Jokesy wrote:
Hullu wrote:
Thanks for the tip Xana.
AMD products aren't really made for gaming and they're cheap because they aren't really that great, on the other side, R9/R7 are more for making videos and editing, while GeForce cards are more for gaming and stuff like that, i personally recommend the intel stuff more, but it's your pc build, your choice
Actually, AMD graphics cards are considered to have better price/performance ratio currently in most price ranges. Similiarly priced AMD cards have atleast as good and almost always better performance in games compared to their Nvidia counterparts, but absolutely kick their ass in scientific computing.

About CPUs: I think you can definitely fit an i5 into your budget, if you get r9 270x, which is 175 euros, but if you want a little more graphics power then you can also go with an i3, it won't be a bad bottleneck even with a gtx 770.

If you want more graphics power then you should definitily get either gtx 760, which is ~230E, or pinch in a couple more bucks and buy a r9 280x for ~260E, which is really worth the upgrade.

Also if you're not in a hurry then wait a couple months and buy a 500gb ssd, they're already under 180E, and also reuse your old hdd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pc this winter   

Back to top Go down

Building a new pc this winter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1