We're called deadly for a reason.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New recruitment policy - Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Lahti, Finland

PostSubject: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello fellow members of DVAS!

As some of you might have noticed, a concern about our current recruitment policy's efficiency has yet again arisen. By efficiency I don't mean how many new members we gain in a given span of time, but how much they contribute to the community.

We have over 70 names on our roster, about 50 of which are currently inactive. I even dare to say we won't be seeing at least 30 of them ever again. We also have "lost" several members because they didn't feel comfortable in here. I wrote "lost" because, to be frank, their contribution to the community was insignificant if not non-existent. They may had been active or not, but never opened their mouths, on the servers nor on the forums.

Now, as we seemingly have no desperate need for new members, shouldn't we start focusing on the quality a bit more? Make sure the new member can bring something to this community: if not money or insane GFX skills, at least some good stories. In other words, we don't need any more those shy and socially awkward people who leave within 2 months for "not feeling comfortable" when they never even tried to have the slightest bit of contact with any of our members. Just to be clear, I don't mean there is anything bad in being shy, this kind of community is just based on communication and shy people just won't fit.

Please discuss.

Cheers

Ps. Don't bother replying on this thread if you have nothing else to say than just "I agree with [insert name]." You can rate people's messages up if you agree with the content, or down if you don't.

___________________________________________


Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 pm

We should start with cleaning our members roster. As you said, I've noticed that the amount of unactive people there is far too high. If we'd clean this roster then we'd have a better view over our members IMO. This is a bit off-topic tho, soz.

About your main question, then I'll just stick with what I said at wolfi's topic. The amount of yes's given without an explanation / or just because "saw him on our server, great guy" is far too many.

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

avatar

Posts : 621
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

I don't necessarily think we should kick the inactive people out, maybe we could make an inactive section on the X-fire list?
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 8:09 pm

=$uperMaN= wrote:
I don't necessarily think we should kick the inactive people out, maybe we could make an inactive section on the X-fire list?


It doesn't make the inactive people active now do they? You know, I can understand that we keep like inactive admins, who have proven to give something to DVAS. Ordinary members should be kicked.

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Ratchet



Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 9:06 pm

OK, keywords: communication and inactive members:
I agree partly with Titty. Let's take an example: Redox and Loko, people who joined this clan but who were never seen the last months. I think such members don't even need to be members.
Of course I can't force anyone to play constantly, but they could atleast show up once a week, when not, once a month in game, on xfire or on le forum. What's the sense for voting someone and this person stops CoD4 shortly after he joined? 


Some adminspots are manned by inactive members too. It's sad to see that, but admin rights are given to people who are active. So I suggest that we transfer the "inactive Adminspots" to Members who deserve it, when there should be a election for new admins.

There are also many inactive people who're not listed on the xfirelist. And those members are not really members in my view. Why? If they were active, they would have asked Xana to place their name on that list.


It is usual that some people who are listed above came back after a long break, saying they would start play CoD4 again. But after 2 days they stopped playing. Wtf is this?


And I really want this clan to get more "quality"...like Xana said. We don't reach quality when we keep writing on people's apps: "yes, he was on our server. cool guy. my vote iz yez." Some people might say that it isn't bad having a high number of members. But we can start anything with 40 inactive members.

We are voting for these guys, we give them our attention. And at the end, all we get is, that Ryan makes other people feel uncomfortable in this clan.

Tbh, I was kind of shy too at the beginning of my time here. I was only good with certain ones. But in time, my relationship grew with all members who I met. Talk bullshit, talk funny, talk serious. Nobody cares as long as you act good and as long as you talk!


Last edited by Ratchet/Kane on Wed May 28, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some names had to be removed ^^)
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Mon May 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Damn Ratchet I love your way of thinking.
I'd add a few names to your list:

tHOMAAS
Peanut
SkYzO
SUCHKASAM
zZsM[O]Ky.
(Maybe BloodRaiN too, but he is Forum Admin tho so I'm not too sure)

That's all FOR NOW.

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Rocker

avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Your mom's bed

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 12:43 am

we don't kick non-active members. some of the names listed above told me they would be non-active for all kind of reassons.
if we start forcing members too play or else they got kicked ppl will not enjoy it anymore.

once you are DVAS you can leave, get kicked or be a member for life. (or at least that's my opinion on this)

___________________________________________
old people at weddings Always poke me and say "you are next"

so i started to do the same thing to them at funerals
Back to top Go down
http://dvas-forum.get-forums.com
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 am

Rocker wrote:
we don't kick non-active members. some of the names listed above told me they would be non-active for all kind of reassons.
if we start forcing members too play or else they got kicked ppl will not enjoy it anymore.

once you are DVAS you can leave, get kicked or be a member for life. (or at least that's my opinion on this)

What about those members who are non-active for no reason at all?

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Lahti, Finland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 9:49 am

Ahah, lost the whole message due to some dc. Oh well...

The matter at hand is not whether we should kick inactive members or not. If Rocker says they can stay, they can stay. Besides, I agree with him. At least for the people who once were truly members of our community, for the ones who disappeared right after joining, I don't really care. Listing the inactive members as inactive on the xfire could prove useful though, as the new members would know they don't necessarily need to add them on xfire.

Back on topic: how do we make sure the new members don't just leave right away? Should we add some requirements for the applicants before they even apply? Like playing actively on our servers for, say 2-4 weeks before applying. By active playing I also mean socially active. On a sidenote, from now on, I will reject right away any applicants who have never played on our servers.

Cheers

___________________________________________


Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
=Undertaker=

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2013-03-27
Location : District 9, Johannesburg

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 10:56 am

Perhaps just separate the active members from the non-active in X-Fire usernames.

If an admin is notified they will be moved, otherwise if they've been inactive in any shape or form for more than a month, they are also moved. This will require extra work and diligence from a few admins.

In regards to the recruitment questions, there are some questions like "scrim questions" - 'How did you perform?' Are incredibly unnecessary. Looking back at it.

So after a bit of thought, I'm up for proposing a new system. Perhaps an application mini-essay of some sort. Keep some of the questions, but instead, have a short writing section at the end.

Say a minimum of 100 words, telling the clan about themselves. Can be anything, do they like sports, what they enjoy doing in their pass time, favourite films, books, what they enjoy about school, what they want to study/work in the future. What they enjoy doing in CoD, recalling some scrims, writing about particular members etc. Basically a general statement, about anything.

It can't be trollish and a good attempt at correct punctuation and grammar would be needed. This will basically filter out applicants who a) Do not speak English very well b) Have no intention of sticking around anyway.

Lastly I would just like to bring up trialling. I think applicants should arrange a trial with specific people. Before anyone votes, the admin must notify the other members about the trial.

Again these are just ideas, they might not be particularly helpful when it comes to increasing our clan population. Then again, we all knew that there would be an inevitable dwindle over the years. Especially with new CoD games being released and people having less time.

___________________________________________



"Still ticking, huh?"
"Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies."
 
"Ha ha. Yeah, you sneaky fookin' prawnz, heh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXln21X3cU - Hell has a vacancy now.
_____________________________________


Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm

@Undertaker

In the beggining of your monologue you said that "If an admin is notified they will be moved, otherwise if they've been inactive in any shape or form for more than a month, they are also moved. This will require extra work and diligence from a few admins."
Are you saying that we should remove the admin rights and title from uactive admins and give the rights and title to active ones? Because I like that idea.

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Rocker

avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Your mom's bed

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 3:22 pm

if some of the members wanna be admin just contact me/ryan/xana....
before we take adminrights back from unactive admins, we can make admins as much if we want.....
just don't see we need more admins since we only have server online.
if you guys wanna separate active and non-active members or something like that: find more than half of the active members who are behind that idea and we can try that.
just don't ask of me to start kicking non-active members, before we know it we gonna have idea's like DEA , giving foolish names and stuff too different groups online.
some of the non-active members have lives besides all this or problems or studying....
how would you guys feel if you got kicked for non-activity...

___________________________________________
old people at weddings Always poke me and say "you are next"

so i started to do the same thing to them at funerals
Back to top Go down
http://dvas-forum.get-forums.com
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Lahti, Finland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Tue May 27, 2014 5:39 pm

We've given admin rights to people whenever there has been a need for new admins, i.e. the ones who were admins at the time were inactive. In addition, moving any of the admins on the inactive list would have no effect on their admin rights. So no, there would no new admins should we carry this out.

TITTY, what Wreckz is saying is the Xfire list doesn't edit itself. In fact, first it requires some agreement on what basis members are moved from the active roster to the inactive list. Then there's also the editing part, and editing a list of 70+ people does take some time.

___________________________________________


Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
FlowExclusive

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 am

 Embarassed I am in clan shortly and I do not know if (or) I should interfere to such cases but I support this idea : )

___________________________________________




xf-exclusive007
(kurwa is allowed)
Back to top Go down
h3r0



Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 21
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Even when I'm not in the clan, I would suggest you to have a time for trial, when person wants to join. For example, he sends his application, admin says (if his application is fine) that his trial can start. He can use like [R] or smth else at dvas servers, and then when his trial is done people votes for him.

This just has it's bad side.. DVAS members has to be active too..

___________________________________________
Spontaneous streaming! Follow if interested Smile


Rip xfire ;-; Link to my -->> steam <<--
Back to top Go down
HiRMU

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Ask from your mom

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

FYI ratchet. Emmelii is an active member, we just play on 1.7 and don't bother to use Dvas's teamspeak for reasons.

Oh well.. that doensn't make him active..

___________________________________________
0mG u r mincroft ployr u cnt smok wid or blaz it n00b. 
git 0ut m9, b4 i shrek u. cod 4tw n00bs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
Ratchet



Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 6:47 pm

It's just because I never seen him on xfire. Didn't know you actually play on 1.7.


PS: Just thought about my first post in this topic. Yeah it's kinda stupid to kick them..have to agree here.

The trial-thing idea is very nice.
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 pm

How come that I'm now the only one who thinks that kicking them would be a good idea? Sad

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

avatar

Posts : 621
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Wed May 28, 2014 10:47 pm

TITTTY wrote:
How come that I'm now the only one who thinks that kicking them would be a good idea? Sad
Because you don't know half of them, and their stories. (Stories meaning what they've said before they left. Some of them said they would be back some day.)
Back to top Go down
Dxa
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Thu May 29, 2014 12:35 am

Finally...

First: Kicking inactive members won’t solve anything. Like myself, I have good reason to be inactive (I were in accident…) and I will be away for few weeks more (I don’t know how long). Everyone are going to be inactivity sooner or later. It is normal, because life is what it is, we don’t know what will happen.

Everyone aren’t inactive. There is some members, who plays with other members and don’t play at our servers. Because some likes scrimming with friends/members more than playing public. Or everyone don’t post on forums all the time, but still reads them (like myself, I will take part, when it is needed).

Second: When we updated our old recruit system, it went bad. We had before time got to known applicant and decide what to vote (it was kind of trial…). After update we had only 2 week to time and that is too short time get to known with someone. We just rushed with applies and got a lot clan hoppers/ not loyal members + some wanted more members, when it wasn’t needed…

The quality is a lot important than volume. Bigger clans have more problems and ppl are a lot stranger to each others. Now on we should get to know applicant before voting.

There have been reasons why I haven’t vote for ages…

Of course we need to try new things before we know it is bad. I have no solution for better recruitment, but that I know we need time get to know applicants.

I was going to go deep with my writing, but somehow I just couldn’t get right words… I hope you understand what I mean. Few things why I didn’t get thing out of my head like I wanted might be: That accident fucked up my head and I am tired.

Yours
- Mr.  rendeer
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Thu May 29, 2014 10:55 am

=$uperMaN= wrote:
TITTTY wrote:
How come that I'm now the only one who thinks that kicking them would be a good idea? Sad
Because you don't know half of them, and their stories. (Stories meaning what they've said before they left. Some of them said they would be back some day.)
And what about the other half?

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Lahti, Finland

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Thu May 29, 2014 11:28 am

Titty, Rocker already stated quite clearly it's not going to happen, what's so hard in understanding it? In case you're wondering for a reason, it's one of the fundamental policies of the clan. Once you are a member of DVAS, you will remain a member until you leave or you are kicked for breaking the clan rules. Being inactive is not prohibited in the clan, so there is no reason to kick them.

___________________________________________


Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : home xd

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Yeah, I was just wondering what would the reason be for not kicking inactive members. And I did understand what ROCKER stated, so there is no need to state it again.

___________________________________________
Turn left while being at the right turn to see more nature.
Back to top Go down
Rocker

avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Your mom's bed

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Thu May 29, 2014 7:26 pm

look, i'm doing this for a descent amount of time and in the beginning there was a guy who said something what i allways will remember: for every 10 applicants there will be 1 who stays and be part of the DVAS community , stay loyal and become a member like it supose to be...
this clan was started on the idea that every one with good intentions could join and  would be loyal to this clan untill the end! i found out from previous leaders and myself included that because of this idea we survived allready alot of shit !
but that means we need to never stop recruting and yes some of the recrutes we never see again but still it makes me happy because after the 10th guy there is that 1......
keep bringing up idea's , we allways can discuss it and if we need to change the recrutement policy ; we will but some of the non-active ppl have my ever lasting respect .....(like dxa for an example) and i will never kick them, nore put them  in some kind of retarted group.....

___________________________________________
old people at weddings Always poke me and say "you are next"

so i started to do the same thing to them at funerals
Back to top Go down
http://dvas-forum.get-forums.com
Sergey
Co-leader
Co-leader
avatar

Posts : 218
Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 am

Rocker wrote:
look, i'm doing this for a descent amount of time and in the beginning there was a guy who said something what i allways will remember: for every 10 applicants there will be 1 who stays and be part of the DVAS community , stay loyal and become a member like it supose to be...
this clan was started on the idea that every one with good intentions could join and  would be loyal to this clan untill the end! i found out from previous leaders and myself included that because of this idea we survived allready alot of shit !
but that means we need to never stop recruting and yes some of the recrutes we never see again but still it makes me happy because after the 10th guy there is that 1......
keep bringing up idea's , we allways can discuss it and if we need to change the recrutement policy ; we will but some of the non-active ppl have my ever lasting respect .....(like dxa for an example) and i will never kick them, nore put them  in some kind of retarted group.....

I get your point, but what do you think about a trial period? It's a good way to see if the player is active and not awkward as fuck. I also like the idea of Undertaker by letting the applicant create a ''letter'' about himself, with some constraints this could work out pretty well.

___________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New recruitment policy - Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
New recruitment policy - Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
» Wrestling Discussion Thread
» TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deadly Viper Assassination Squad :: Community house rules-
Jump to: