HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

my New pc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C4wa

PostSubject: my New pc    Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Hello!

I want a new pc, but u can't get every thing you want so I want to buy a new pc....

Uhm well what I want to do with it simply, play cod 4 and maybe some other game, photoshop and maybe do some sony vegas here and there, movies including adult content but thats standard I guess.... Uhm my budget is around 9000 SEK (swedish kronor) but its not written in stone, money aint a problem I can push my limit but dont want to pay so much due to I have to pay other stuff like petrol and clothes...

uhm well I dont know shit bout Pc's so I need your help Smile please try to find something from sweden :S might be hard but google translate might help and I guess the techical info is same in all languages ^^

Hope we can find something good so I can buy something around x-mas.

....wanted to say something about kicking your asses or something like that but we all know that aint true or maybe its obvious I do, well well time will tell...
//carl
Back to top Go down
HiRMU

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:05 am

in case of interest: 9K SEK : about 1k euros and 1,3k usd Razz

build your own pc:D it's best way to get a good pc. if u buy a desktop pc from srore, u mostly pay for air, not the specs itselfs.. (if catch my drift)

datis

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:49 am

If you want to build your own computer, I have some insight on the topic. I'll be checking some Swedish electronics-retail store's websites anyways, since I'm going to Stockholm next week, so I will keep an eye out for some good PCs. 

Since your budget is 1k euro you should probably go for a PC that can be upgraded. (Better CPU cooler etc.) 
You can get some good AMD gear with 1k (top processor and motherboard cost 400e),but Intel and nVidia are really tough to reach.. Maybe i5 and 600series?

EDIT: Got back home and I'm checking things out now.
There are a couple of things I need to know:
Windows 7/8? (Also, do you already have OS, or do you need to get a new one?)
Do you want an SSD?
Do you want to be able to upgrade your computer in the future, or are you just going to buy a new one? (Note that upgrading is a lot cheaper, but it does take more effort.)
Is bad warranty a dealbreaker?
When do you want to get it? Christmas is closing in, and you might get some better offers during/after the holiday season.

Last edited by datis on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

Well I have no problems building my own but I have no idea what parts I need and I really dont want to forget something important Razz and well I dont know if im buying crap or anything thats decent/good. But I would prefer to buy one that I could use instantly from store ^^ Thanks Datis we have like 2 big stores who sells electronics and thats "Elgiganten" and "Mediamarkt" then we have some smaller stores I dont know the name of... Or we have one called "webhallen" 
Well got no idea in whats good or not... My old pc had Amd and it worked for a while..

Edit: Think that Mediamarkt has good prices on ASUS

2nd Edit (bored @ math)...: Thanks guyyyyss!
Back to top Go down
Hullu

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

Yeah, Mediamarkt was good when I checked it my stockholm trip.
And ASUS For the life :3

C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:40 pm

datis wrote:

EDIT: Got back home and I'm checking things out now.
There are a couple of things I need to know:
Windows 7/8? (Also, do you already have OS, or do you need to get a new one?)
Do you want an SSD?
Do you want to be able to upgrade your computer in the future, or are you just going to buy a new one? (Note that upgrading is a lot cheaper, but it does take more effort.)
Is bad warranty a dealbreaker?
When do you want to get it? Christmas is closing in, and you might get some better offers during/after the holiday season.
I would prefer 7 but thats a thing I can buy after so its okey to start of with 8, Dunno if i have any Os but I dont think so, I guess I'll need a new one.

Uhm here comes the part you will laugh... ?SSD? I have a clue what it is but if its better than the other option I guess I want it.

Yeah I want to be able to upgrade but its no must if its some problems with that. 

Naah never used warranty anyway... Laws in sweden says atleast 3 years warranty as a basis.

Uhm Im not in a hurry to get one, I was thinking after christmas^^
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

You might want to check the Thor gaming PCs Cdon.se is offering. They're relatively cheap, and at least I've been happy with mine (partly because I got this from 33% off sale haha). Here's one for 8000 SEK. A couple of downsides, though: it doesn't have an SSD and its GPU might be a bit underpowered for the rest of the rig. Although, it should suffice as long as you're not going for a 120 Hz monitor.

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

oh okey ^^thanks Smile had forgotten about cdon Smile uhm well here comes a stupid question but how many fps would it be possible to get from that one?? (Cod4)

Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 pm

250 will run just fine on any normal circumstances, no matter what graphics you're using. It will drop if someone is spamming nades/smokes on stratmode or ready-up period on promod (in those cases the fps will drop on any rig though).

And if you want to speed that one up, you still have 1000 SEK to spend for a SSD ; )

Steam
Battle.net BattleTag Xanatos#2979

NUDE PICTURESS OF SLIDE LEAKED! click link to see!
Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 pm

C4waI wrote:

Uhm here comes the part you will laugh... ?SSD? I have a clue what it is but if its better than the other option I guess I want it.

Yeah I want to be able to upgrade but its no must if its some problems with that. 

Naah never used warranty anyway... Laws in sweden says atleast 3 years warranty as a basis.

Uhm Im not in a hurry to get one, I was thinking after christmas^^
SSD stands for solid state drive. It's faster, but you can only get a 120GB one with your budget, so you would need an HDD anyways.. So I guess HDD will do.

I'm asking because I'm going to make a comparison between things you can get with 1k DIY-style and manufacturer-cashing-style.

If you build your own, you won't be getting a 3-year warranty. Power-supply, and GPU usually have those, but they're often not the things that tend to break.

Since you're getting one after xmas, I'm going to try and remember to update this then, no point in checking the prices now santa 

To Xana:
The processor is great, but the power supply isn't great at all, and if the budget can hold it, you should be able to get a 700-series card too. Xmas-sales...!

About FPS:

You should probably get 250, but that's not really a feat on modern systems. GTX 650 isn't really all that great, but it will suffice if you don't play DX11 games.
Getting an SSD WILL NOT improve your framerate all that much.

I also think CDON has misunderstood something:
According to nVidia's website, their Pirates, Heroes and Spies -bundle (AC4, Blacklist & Arkham Origins) are for GTX 660 and above.

Here's a better computer for exactly 1k.
Look, here's another one!

Back to top Go down
C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks guys Smile
Uhm what would a decent budget be?? Im working Much more during christmas Than i normaly do so i might be able to stiff away more money

Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 pm

C4wa wrote:
Thanks guys Smile
Uhm what would a decent budget be?? Im working Much more during christmas Than i normaly do so i might be able to stiff away more money
It's completely up to you:
If CoD4 is all you play, then pretty much even HD 6870 and GTX 660 will be enough. If you want to record or edit (visual) material, I would suggest at least 7870 or GTX 670/760.

Tell me what you want to have, and I'll tell you what you should get. study 

If you want to play (new/DX11) games @1080p with sharp textures, you need to go for GTX 760, HD 7870 or above. That's what I would do, as there is no point in getting a 1k rig and use it to play CoD4. I recently helped a friend of mine with buying a good laptop, and his only wish was that Dota2 would run well on it.. Mad 

For comparison:

My computer cost me 1100e when I got it, but I only need to spend 400e tops at a time if I want to upgrade it. The CD-drive, case and power supply will last as long as I really want to. The only things I need to change are the CPU+motherboard,GPU,RAM and hard drives.

Had I bought my rig from a "professional" store, it would've cost 1500e.

Back to top Go down
C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:08 am

well I dont like any other game that much, exept for Gta 5 but thats a console game ^^ Well editing aint a must because Im not good at it and aint having the time to become good atm, and I have a mac from school I could use to make small thingys ^^. 

I realized one thing: I need to be able to connect to wifi on the pc because we are a laptop family and only have a router which aint located in my room :S

Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 pm

If all you want to play is CoD4, don't bother getting a costy PC, get a good gaming laptop. There's absolutely no point in getting a 1000e PC just to get 250 fps.

EDIT:
1000e to play a 20e game? Logic?

Back to top Go down
C4wa

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:34 pm

good gaming laptops is even expensiver :S

Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 pm

You missed my point:

Reaching stable 333 FPS in COD4 isn't worth 1k. If you aren't going to play more demanding games or do some heavy editing, there's absolutely no reason to spend so much money. 

Anyways, if you insist on buying one, you should get something like the two computers I linked before. 

Some instructions:
Look for i5 or i7 processors, preferably 4xxx series. (Haswell)
AMD processors are a harder topic. 
 nVidia: GTX 760 in this price range is an unlikely sight, but it's not impossible. Don't go for sub 660 cards. 
AMD: Don't go for sub HD 7800 series. 
Keep an eye on the power supply, it should be at least 550w.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my New pc    

Back to top Go down

my New pc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deadly Viper Assassination Squad :: Free chat-
Jump to: