We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can't uninstall certain programms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ratchet

PostSubject: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey guys, the title says it already. I am just trying to uninstall some certain programms but there is no reaction after I give the order. No new window appears.

The most programms can be uninstalled (there is a reaction and a new window appears to continue the uninstall setup thingy), but I have difficulties by uninstalling three certain programms.

Those are programms that my sister did install by mistake and I think they are kinda dangerous so I don't want to keep them. Hope someone is there to help me.
Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Have you tried looking them up on msconfig and disabling them? That way they won't ever start up, and will only end up taking some space on your computer.

Start by performing a virus check on your computer. If your anti-virus-software has nothing to say about the programs, try searching their directories manually for uninstall.exe or setup.exe files. Sometimes setup.exe includes the uninstall-choice.

One way to get rid of them is manually locating the files on your hard drive and deleting them, but this way won't remove all of the software, and some Windows registries will remain. Not to worry, they won't do much alone.

aka. if you don't do super-secret-stuff on your computer, this should help you get rid of them. If you want to completely remove the software (Which I don't recommend), you can create backups of your important files on an external hard drive and do a factory reset, but I don't think it's necessary. (Note that people only do this when their computer has been cracked wide open and it's clear that the idea can't be solved some other way)

Back to top Go down
Ratchet

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:36 pm

datis wrote:
try searching their directories manually for uninstall.exe or setup.exe files. Sometimes setup.exe includes the uninstall-choice.
Even that didn't work.
Quote :
One way to get rid of them is manually locating the files on your hard drive and deleting them, but this way won't remove all of the software, and some Windows registries will remain. Not to worry, they won't do much alone.
Thanks! I didn't try this because two days ago, when I tried to delete the folder, a window appeared and said that the programm is in use (but I did close it) and that the folder is not able to be deleted. Very Happy But today it did work. I removed those three programms manually now.
Then I went back to the uninstall menu and I could remove those three programms from my softwarelist. It said that those programms are uninstalled already and can be removed from the list.
But I am still having worries about those files which might exist, but I hope they are not a big danger. Going to check it out via virus programms etc.
Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Just remembered this.

Most software you uninstall (Even, and especially the good ones) will leave traces in Windows registries, one way to deal with them is CCleaner, link below Wink Be careful with what you want the software to delete, as it deals with browser history, download cahce etc. Hope this helps!

CCleaner

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Try this man, Go to the start button, ( windows icon ) Go into Control panel, Programs, Then Programs & features. Right click & hit uninstall what you want to uninstall. Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratchet

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 pm

heatedHD wrote:
Try this man, Go to the start button, ( windows icon ) Go into Control panel, Programs, Then Programs & features. Right click & hit uninstall what you want to uninstall. Enjoy Very Happy
That's what I was actually doing Very Happy, but that didn't work for these three programms.

Yeah I can remember that I used CCleaner in the past, need to try it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't uninstall certain programms   

Back to top Go down

Can't uninstall certain programms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1