We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OZEBRA

PostSubject: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey all ! First of all, sorry for my inactivity! But since a long time, I'm kick every time and on every servers for 30 minutes for " max.namechanges ". Why ? And too, there are nobody on DVAS server? or I go to the server at the wrong time? xD. in brief, I can't play on every servers over five minutes.  ( And Once again, i'm very sorry for my inactivity on the game and xFire ! :s )
Back to top Go down
Carl

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Try ask Legion he might have a solution for your problem, or try to google Smile

Well the server is kinda inactive, and one reason to this might be because it's summer and ppl might be on vacation or just dont want to sit inside playing games all day Cool 

No problems being inactive for some time, everyone is off at some time on the year ^^

Hope you're back ingame soon! //C4wa
Back to top Go down
Hullu

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:50 pm

might be something with your cfg?

datis

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Some cfg's are trolls:

When you connect the game will try to return to your original name, which will then be changed back to the name you set after activating the change. Depending on the server setup, that can trigger a kick.

Try checking console after the kick and try to see how your name was changed.

Other than that, you could try opening the cfg and searching for "name" and then changing it to your original name - if there are multiple entries (/name), delete them.

Or get a new cfg. That's the easy way.

Back to top Go down
OZEBRA

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Carl : Yes I will try to contact him, and I can not find on google. Yes it's true, the holidays and all that! :p.
Yes ^^ I had to stop a bit and concentrate on my studies if I wanted to go where I want to go to school! Thank you!

Hullu : cfg = config ? If it that, I don't know, i don't changed my config! :s

datis : Yes I'll see if I can, I do not know much commands in the console but I'll try typing "max.namechanges" something!
Yes too, but how do you open the cfg? In the files of the game or the console? 

Thank you everyone, I'll try! Very Happy. I will also try to reinstall the punkbuster or play, we'll see, thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
datis

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:27 pm

oZebRA- wrote:
how do you open the cfg? In the files of the game or the console? 
I don't know how to explain it, as it's pretty complex...

I guess the best way to do it IS TO RIGHT CLICK IT bounce You can view .cfg files in pretty much any text editing software, for example WordPad works well.

It's in /Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/players/profiles/"profile name"/

The name of the file should be config_mp. Basically what you do by executing an other config in a game is that you rewrite this file. 

If you want to search for the console, search for commands with "name". /name is the command that sets your name, but that might not be the name you have in the config. I got into loads of trouble when my config started looping like this.

Back to top Go down
OZEBRA

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am

Datis, First of all thank you for all your information, but I reinstalled the game and it works again! Very Happy. Now I just have to adjust my connection problems, because sometimes uhh .. :S
Back to top Go down
Carl

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 am

Problem seems to be solved locking this thread!
//c4wa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s   

Back to top Go down

Kick for " max.namechanges " and sorry for my inactivity. :s
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1